Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's Hip to be in Brooklyn

This weekend we went to the Flea Market in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We enjoyed the interesting (but amazingly good) homemade food stands, junk yard finds and everything that could be considered vintage that the market had to offer.







Willamsburg is a very lovely place to be. I enjoy it much more than the nastiness of the city. I am almost positive that ALL the hipsters in the world live here. As I was looking through the vintage and thrifty clothes in the tents, I was thinking to myself "I could so wear this Members Only jacket with my high-waisted jorts, that cut-off shirt, some earrings made out of old house keys and black plastic framed glasses with clear lenses even though I wear real glasses, I would wear my contacts just so I could wear the fake glasses!" But then I stopped myself.....I am not that hip....wish I was, but I'm not. 


Speaking of outfits, I really only brought business attire here, because that's all the room I had in my 2 suitcases. I brought limited casual wear and none of it goes together. So I just wear crap. Looking at all the hip people makes me want all my clothes back from home! I don't want to wear business suits everyday! I want to wear my ripped (now shredded) jorts, v-necks, sundresses, braided belts, hippie headbands, fedoras, vintage grandma costume jewelry and bedazzled gladiator sandals for the rest of my life! 

Now presenting: The Hipster Fashion Show
(yes, I sat on a sidewalk and took pictures of innocent passer-by's)

Moo Moo dress


Hey Dude! Tank Top Hipster #1, striped shirt #1

From the front, he looked too old to be wearing these clothes. Hat #1

Elvira Hipster

Sorry, I didn't see you because I was blinded by your bag.
Hat #2

I don't know what to say - They all win.
Hat #3, Tank #2

The Belted-Dress Hipster with her Not-so-Hip friend

Talented Hipster



Ahoy! Striped shirt #2

You can't hide that big hair. Hat #4


Polka dot shorts - a staple in any hipster closet

The backless shirt and colored bra, a hipster classic

Great skirt! another thrifty find I presume 

OMG look at how much hipster crap I got!

Joss Stone Hipster

Wannabe Hipsters spending the day with mom

Brush? Who needs a brush? 

Tight shorts, baggy shirt.
Hats #4 and #5

Those are black textured tights under yellow shorts - in the middle of July

Messy bun and patterned skirt, Tank #3 and DIY jorts

Another great bargain skirt!

James Dean Hipster

Large bag full of vintage finds and Hat #6


I LOVE PLAID! SO MUCH!

Is that a fanny pack? A real one?

Jersey Shore Hipster

Hey! We know that hipster!

And she sat down to eat corn with us

Mmmmm I love corn

And fish taco!

Delish

Big Donut
I love shrimp roll!
OMG Obsessed!
New York Pepsi
ICE CREAM!
More ICE CREAM!

Flea Market!





I want them ALL!










That was fun kids!

-Syd





No comments:

Post a Comment